Routine grooming will keep your pet looking good and feeling good. Your dog will also enjoy the love and attention they receive while getting groomed.
Top 10 reasons to groom your pet:
- Groomers notice abnormalities that may signify a problem, such as ear infections, parasites, and growths.
- Routine brushing of about 5-10 minutes removes dead skin & keeps coats shiny while stimulating the production of natural skin oils.
- Regular bathing eliminates or minimizes skin disease.
- The grooming process reduces shedding and improves appearance.
- Controls fleas and ticks.
- Toe nail trimming is essential in avoiding ingrown nails into the pad, paw pain, and joint issues.
- Hair trimming removes excessive hair around the face which causes eye irritation and infection.
- Cleaning ears reduces the risk of infections and mites.
- Teeth brushing helps keep teeth clean in between routine dental cleanings and helps prevent plaque and gingivitis.
- Dogs look and smell great!
We DO allow pets on medications except for Insulin & Phenobarbital. The illnesses related to these medications require a veterinarian’s care should any complications arise.
- Age: Puppies must be at least 16 weeks of age (4months)
- Proof of vaccinations is required (failure to do so will result in denial or cancellation of services)
- Rabies: Yearly or every 3 years
- DHPPC: (Distemper/Parvo) Yearly or every 3 years
- Bordetella: (Kennel Cough) Once every 6 months
All pets entering a Pappy's Lodge must have vaccinations administered a MINIMUM of 3 days prior to check in, including the BORDETELLA (Kennel Cough) which is required every 6 months. For the safety of our guests, reservations will not be honored for vaccinations administered LESS THAN 72 hours (3 days) prior to check in.
- Entrance Examination: All pets will be examined upon entering the lodge. If fleas and or ticks are identified the pet will receive an automatic flea/tick bath and or dip at the owner’s expense. Any medical or other problems will be addressed at this time with the owner.
- All pets are required to wear a collar with identification.
Thank you for your cooperation in our effort to keep Pappy’s Pet Lodge safe for all pets.