How much money have you spent replacing items your puppy or dog destroyed due to boredom or separation anxiety?
Training is the best thing you can do for your puppy or dog. Thousands of dogs are surrendered to shelters every year because of behavioral problems. Most people do not realize these problems can be solved with a little time and effort. Pappy's can help!
Top 10 Reasons to Train your Dog
- Others will enjoy being around your dog because they are well mannered and do not jump on them.
- Eliminates owner’s fear of potentially dangerous situations (running away/ digging out of yard etc.).
- Gives the dog a job to do, which solves many destructive behaviors.
- Teaches them how to think and please their owner.
- Increases the bond and companionship between owner, family and dog.
- Establishes you as the leader
- Training saves thousands of dogs from being surrendered to shelters because of behavioral issues.
- Helps to incorporate your dog into a family with young children or other pets.
- Makes taking your dog outside the home far less stressful, since your dog will not pull or overreact to situations.
- Eliminates/improves house training, barking, or aggressive behavior.
We DO allow pets on medications except for Insulin & Phenobarbital. The illnesses related to these medications require a veterinarian’s care should any complications arise.
- Age: Puppies must be at least 16 weeks of age (4months)
- Proof of vaccinations is required (failure to do so will result in denial or cancellation of services)
- Rabies: Yearly or every 3 years
- DHPPC: (Distemper/Parvo) Yearly or every 3 years
- Bordetella: (Kennel Cough) Once every 6 months
All pets entering a Pappy's Lodge must have vaccinations administered a MINIMUM of 3 days prior to check in, including the BORDETELLA (Kennel Cough) which is required every 6 months. For the safety of our guests, reservations will not be honored for vaccinations administered LESS THAN 72 hours (3 days) prior to check in.
- Entrance Examination: All pets will be examined upon entering the lodge. If fleas and or ticks are identified the pet will receive an automatic flea/tick bath and or dip at the owner’s expense. Any medical or other problems will be addressed at this time with the owner.
- All pets are required to wear a collar with identification.
Thank you for your cooperation in our effort to keep Pappy’s Pet Lodge safe for all pets.